Sep 10, 2010

Our Nakedness is Our Picket Sign!

Bob Dylan- She's You Lover Now (original recording)




sitting wrapped up in a blanket, sipping my tea and reading about the 60's cultural revolution.

"The more I revolt, the more I make love."- 60's Graffiti.

"Look at you, look at me
Walkin' ten feet tall are we
Smilin' silly smiles all day
How'd we ever get that way?"
-MarioRocuzzo & Joe Heins, from a poem printed on the back of Sonny and Cher's Look at Us LP, 1965

"If society wants me to be an outlaw, then I'll be an outlaw and a damned good one. That's something people need. People at all times need outlaws." -Ken Kesey

"What I have to say can be summed up in 6 words - tune in, turn on, drop out." -Timothy Leary

"Our smiles are our political banners and our nakedness is our picket sign!" -Jerry Robin at Be-In, San Francisco

"I would like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition." - John Lennon rounds off the unannounced live performance on the roof of the Apple building in London, January

Quotes from Hippie by Barry Miles
images via: weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment