Sep 25, 2010

Mug Shots


Ingrid Michaelson-Morning Lullabies

I have been thinking for a while that I should do a post about my favorite mugs. You see, I have somewhat of an obsession when it comes to collecting mugs. In the past I have not told many for fear of receiving nothing but mugs for birthdays and holidays. You see when you tell someone you like frogs or chickens, your whole house ends up being decorated with gifts from others who assume that you would like to decorate your whole house with frogs or chickens. But I am finally admitting to myself and to others that I am addicted to collecting mugs.

The lovely Stephanie from femmena mala and I decided to do a collaboration where I share my favorite mugs that I have collected over the years and in turn she is sharing her favorite teas. So stop by her lovely site to check them out! After reading both of our posts I am sure you will not be able to resist the urge to take a moment out of your day to sit down and have a relaxing cup of tea or coffee

Okay, so now for the mugs...



I just recently bought this set and am in love!


Travel mugs: from Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts and Jackson Lake Lodge in Wyoming. I love love love Moose and this mug because it is really solid and sturdy.


The one on the left was a gift from the lovely Victoria and reminds me of henna which I love. She has a matching one as well. The owl has been a guest on the blog before; a wonderful gift from my friend Hilary


These two are so simple and that is why I love them


The one on the left I found at a thrift store with my lovely friend Isa. She bought a matching one and it has become like our friendship mug. The one on the right I found at a boutique and couldn't resist. The only thing is that it does not have a handle so it is best to use for cold drinks.

Well that is it! I have many more and picking out my favorites was so difficult. I hope you all enjoyed my little collection!

I also want to say hello to my new readers and officially welcome you to the site. Feel free to leave comments. I love hearing from you and it is what motivates me to continue with fun little posts like these. I respond to everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Yay you posted the new mugs :) All of these are so cute. Now you just need to find some cool way to display them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! i should get a wrack like the kind you hang pots and pans over a stove except this time I'll get one that holds mugs :) I can't wait to use one of my mugs for coffee in the morning now. I think I'll go for the birdcage one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these.
    i gave my bro a picture mug from snapfish-- its the 2 of us holding these blah-looking beige mugs in front of our faces (his had german orange wine in it, mine tea)with the caption 'we've got ugly mugs'... ha. i'm a nerd.

    i'm lovin' your collection!
    cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute collection. Those top ones are awesome. =] How many mugs do you have total?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite one the "Write your own story" mug! Very cute! I like your obsession! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Laura- I love that idea. that is so cute ahaha.

    @AtThisVolumeee-The top ones are definitely my new favorites. They were only a dollar each so I couldn't resist buying 4. I probably have total of 20 or so mugs. I am running our of space though! Soon they will replace my glasses!

    @Mandy- yeah I love the write your own story one and the fly one. Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete