Oct 4, 2010

Tea Time Tuesdays




Featuring....

I came across her blog a while back and fell in love with her fun finds, her decadent taste in fashion and Etsy finds and her amazing photographs.

here is her bio:
I'm Starr , a public relations and film student at the University of Arkansas Little Rock. I'm obsessed with fashion and thrifting and this blog is a place for me to keep up with all of my outfits and found treasures. If you like what you see, you may also like some of the pieces in my shop. For a look at all the collections, photos, and films that are inspiring me right now, visit my inspiration blog, Cupcakes For The Eyes.

Here is her interview:

Where do you find your inspiration?
I find inspiration all over the place. From films and from music, to architecture and prints. There's lots of inspiration to be found on blogs too!

How did you come up with the name of your blog?
It comes from an Emerson quote. "Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it." The blog is where my thoughts start. The language is the communication and connection with my readers, and the fruit represents the items that I sell in my etsy shop which is why I called it "Action Is the Fruit".

You run a vintage shop on etsy. Where do you find these beautiful pieces and how do you decide what is long gone and what is making a come-back?
I find them at thrift stores and estate sales, and I get most of my fashion news through the internet, through blogs and through twitter as for what's 'in' style. Trends are fun to pay attention to, but I don't like to take them too seriously. it's fun to get inspired by things you're into, not by what someone else is dictating.

What kind of camera do you use?
It's a Cannon EOS 400D, but I'm looking to graduate to a 700!

Any final thoughts?
Thank you for taking the time to interview me!


My concluding thoughts...

I love Starr's inspiration for the title of her blog. I adore Emerson and I think that quote is so true and so beautiful. I also love her ideas about fashion and what is "in" and "out". It is so much more fun to dictate what you wear based on what inspires you and not what on others dictate. I am so glad I got to interview her as my first official "Tea Time Tuesdays" post.

So, concluding this feature, I would like to remind you all to stop by and take a peak at Starr's wonderful blog, A Thought Is the Blossom. Also, check out her great vintage finds at her etsy shop, Action is the Fruit.

I cannot wait to do more of these posts every week and can't wait to connect with all of you lovely bloggers out there.


images via:a thought is the blossom

2 comments:

  1. I agree, that quote is lovely. And so are all the photos - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is quite lovely, isn't she? I've loved her blog ever since I discovered it last year:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete