Oct 12, 2010

Tea Time Tuesdays- Stephanie from Femmena Mala


Such Great Heights- The Postal Service
(one of her favorite songs)

I met Stephanie while in school and we have connected over blogging and vegetarianism and many other wonderful things. She is such a sweetheart. So please do yourself a favor and stop by her blog after the interview!


Name: Stephanie!

Age: 22

Occupation: Full time student teacher, blogger, sister, daughter, girlfriend, and puppy mama

Website/Blog? Femmena Mala - http://www.femmenamala.blogspot.com


Reason for blog's name? Back in 2006, my dad won a trip to Rome through his company, and one of the teasers they sent him in the mail before he left was a cd of Italian music. One of the songs on the album was called “Mala Femmena.” I thought the song was pretty enough, but I wanted to make the name my own :) Since my heritage is partly Italian, I wanted to embrace it even more. Granted, I didn't start this blog right then, the name has stayed with me since :)


What do you blog about/where do you find your inspiration for your blog? I find my inspiration for blogging everywhere. The biggest thing that I try to keep in mind when blogging is that it is my space, and I have to stay true to what I want to write about, and that is usually my personal life. Blogging is an outlet for me so I try to keep it more of a journal :) I also get lots of ideas from other bloggers, but many bloggers only post features every day, and to me that gets predictable and sometimes boring to read so (in hopes that people are interested in my life) I try to focus on me for the most part! I also get lots of inspiration from NPR. This is pretty much the only thing I listen to in the car so I get a lot of ideas here :)


When did you begin blogging? I have always been a journaler, for as long as I can remember! I had a blogdrive account, and then a Xanga, and then a LiveJournal, and finally, I moved to Blogger this past summer. I love it!

Any final thoughts/words? Yes! So far, I have had so much fun getting to know all of these wonderful blogging ladies that surround me. They have provided so much inspiration and guidance! If you're new to blogging - keep at it! Slow but steady wins the race :) I hope all of you enjoy reading my blog, and I can't wait to meet you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment