Dec 9, 2010

Alphonse Mucha


Kaki King-Fortuna

I am finally done with exams and can relax. Let me tell you, there is no better feeling. So, as a treat to myself tonight, I decided to take a nice long lavender bubble bath. I listened to some old school jazz, lit some candles and soaked until I couldn't soak no more!

It really got me thinking that we should all take more time for ourselves, even if it's just 20 minutes, to recenter ourselves. Little things like bubble baths can make a world of difference.

Anyways, for some reason the jazz and the candles got me thinking about the amazing artist Alphonse Mucha. He is one of my favorite artists and used to do those old school advertisements for absinthe and for theater productions in France in the early 1900's. He is fantastic and his portrayal of women and femininity is simply stunning. I have one of his prints that I found in San Francisco mounted on my wall. She always reminds me to embrace who I am.

this is the one I have. on the left. Called "Study for the Moon"


oh and this is one I drew and colored a while back based off of one of his creations. Imitation is the best form of flattery right??

Anyways, I adore his style
His ladies will always inspire me.....

Feels good to be back my friends.
Keep your eyes peeled for some interesting posts to come.

XXXX


images via:
http://susannassketchbook.typepad.com/susannas_sketchbook/2007/09/alphonse-mucha.html
http://www.listal.com/viewimage/492746

No comments:

Post a Comment