Jan 20, 2011

Vegan Baking V. I

I have decided to start a Vegan Baking feature as I continue in my adventures in being vegan. My grandma, being the amazing cook and baker she is, has been helping me to make some amazing vegan baked goods. I joked with her that we should start out our vegan bakery....
Anyways, here is the first round...

Vegan Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies





recipe here
(the key here is to pull apart the dough after making it into a ball, then sticking it back together with the pulled-apart sides sticking up. I know, this sounds complex and unnecessary but it helps to make the cookies nice and chunky)

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes and Buttercream Frosting




recipe here and frosting here

Like I have said before, many people think that being vegan means you can't indulge in life. I disagree. It just takes a bit more determination and willingness to experiment.

Look forward to more vegan treats to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment