Jan 10, 2011

Seeing the Beauty in the Unconventional...

First of all, I have to credit The Curious Pug for finding this wonderful slideshow on msn of an old farm manager's cottage, one of the only four remaining cottages left on the Henry Ford plantation in Georgia. A lovely couple saved it and turned it into such a cozy little home. I adore it and I thought you would too!

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

after

after


I think it is such an "American idea" to feel the need for so much space. I personally love cozy little spaces that feel intimate. I think this place finds the perfect balance. I feel like houses have a personality all of their own. I'm sure if this house could talk he would say "Thank you dearly".

1 comment:

  1. I love this! So perfect.
    I dream of a little coastal cottage somewhere... I am definitely a fan of cozy, quaint and not the American need for space! Amen, sister! ;)
    peace&love

    pickingwildflowersblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete