Jul 21, 2010

smell of your salt on my skin


Laura Veirs-To the Country






After returning from Cape Cod and Boston, it has suddenly come to my attention that it is necessary for me to eventually live somewhere by the sea. I adore crisp, chilly beaches filles with fog and mist, full of the smell of salt in the air. I miss waking up to the sound of sea gulls every morning. There is something about life near the sea that is so charming to me. Perhaps I was a sailor in another lifetime... Who knows. All I know is that I am drawn to the sea like a magnet. It quenches my thirst for something more. It warms my heart. I love taking ferries and feeling the wind whip my face, I love imagining all of the life that is going on under the surface of the sea, and I love the feel of the cold sand crinkling under my feet. I'll leave you with some pictures from the trip as well as music by Laura Veirs (it accompanies the pictures quite well I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment