Jul 3, 2010

coffee,blogs,cats,decisions

Rufus Wainwright-Maker Makes





my little bugger

There is nothing I love more than weekend mornings with my coffee (with peppermint creamer), my cat, and my blogs. One thing that is a new addition to this lovely Saturday morning, however, is a major life decision that has come to my attention. It seems that many people my age are coming to the startling realization that their college degrees are useless and that they have no fucking idea what they want to do with their lives. It seems to be the common thread of discussion during massive coffee drinking sessions with friends. Now that we have finished this four years of study, where do we go with what we have learned? Have we truly learned anything?

I can honestly say that I have learned very little, and that saddens me. I have improved my Spanish, but outside of that, I do not feel that my money went towards something of value. I went through 4 years of school to earn the right to have a piece of paper that says I am qualified. Qualified to do what? That's my question.

I suppose that I have come to this major dilemma because my whole life I have centered my actions around pleasing everyone else but myself. I keep telling myself that I need to make decisions for myself and not for anyone else, but that always seems to be easier said than done. I am sure that my family is so tired of my indecisiveness, but then again they should know by now that that is just a part of who I am. I don't want to be afraid to disappoint. So that being said, I am working on some new prospects with regards to the direction I want my life to lead. At this point I don't dare go into details until I find out more information, so stay tuned and I will be sure to keep everyone updated.

As for now, an going to finish my pot of coffee, fix myself some lunch, go for a run, and enjoy the holiday weekend.

images via: weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment