Apr 15, 2014

Vegan Curried Chickpea Protein Bowl

No your eyes are not deceiving you. This IS indeed a new post. Only 2 years after my previous post. As you may have noticed. this little blog of mine has been redesigned and revamped. I'm sort of smitten.

To start this new post off, I would love to share with you all one of my new favorite recipes. As a vegan, I am always being asked where I get my protein. I also just started working out and lifting weights recently, so this has become my go-to meal for quick protein before a workout. Oh, have I mentioned that it's delicious?
So without further ado....

Vegan Curried Chickpea  Protein Bowl

Ingredients:
quinoa
chickpeas
olive oil
cucumber
red pepper
zucchini
jicama 
celery

Guacamole:
2 avocados
1/4 juice of lime
diced jalapeno
1/4 red onion
2 TBS cilantro
salt & pepper to taste

Spices:
Cumin
curry powder
chipotle pepper
sea salt

Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare chickpeas by rinsing them in strainer and pour into mixing bowl. Coat with 1 TBS olive oil. Season with spices (as much or as little as you prefer). Bake for 15 minutes then toss around in sheet and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. While baking the chickpeas, prepare your quinoa. While quinoa is cooking, dice veggies. I preferred mine raw, but you can always steam or stirfry them. The prep your guacamole. Combine it all in one big bowl and enjoy! 

I'm so excited to bring you all more recipes and fun posts, so keep an eye out!


No comments:

Post a Comment