Jul 11, 2011

Backyard Gardening V. II

Updates and making your own organic pesticide

These photos are rather old and the garden has grown so much since then but I wanted to share the process!

I have been attempting to make my garden as natural and pesticide free as possible. I came across this great organic pesticide recipe that calls for natural ingredients that promise to keep the bugs away.
Warning: this recipe promises also to stink up your house and make your family love you! (note sarcasm)

What you will need:
*An empty 1 gallon milk jug
*A spray bottle
*A funnel
*A piece of cloth (I used a bandana)
*A large pot (1 gallon or more)
*2 small onions (or 1 large)
*1 Jalapeno pepper
*1 clove garlic
*Natural dish soap

You can find the easy to follow directions here

You can follow my process through these photos...







And, some pictures of my herbs and little garden...





No comments:

Post a Comment